ASSEMBLIES OF GOD
FAMILY CHURCH, NYAMIRAMBO
General Service05:30PM - 07:30PMFriday
General Service08:00AM - 10:00AMSunday 10:30AM - 12:30PMSunday
Men Service05:30PM - 07:30PMTuesday
Youth Service05:30PM - 07:30PMWednesday
Women Service05:30PM - 07:30PMWednesday
Personal encounter with God
Preaching the Church On Sunday 1 September 2019, Pastor Annet Rwabikinga urged every believer to seek and find God personally, as some believe in a God they have been told by others yet God wants to have a personal relationship with each one.
Referring to Isaiah 55:6 “Seek the Lord while he may be found ; call on him while he is near.” Said that a true believer who has found God personally is the one who will be able to overcome the hardships of the life.
From this regard, Pastor Annet Rwabikinga cited eight points of a believer who had truly found God.
1. Transformation : “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come : The old has gone, the new is here !” 2 Corinthians 5:17
2. Thirst for a prayer : “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God.” Psalm 42:1
3. Hunger for the Word of God : As Jesus Christ used it to rebuke the devil, so should every believer to overcome trials. James 1:23 “Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.”
4. Proclamation of glad tidings of Jesus Christ : Telling others about Christ. Acts 8 : 35 “Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.”
5. Spiritual guidance : A true believer of God allows the Holy Spirit to guide him/her in his/her day to day life.
6. Abhorrence against sin : Romans 6:1-2 “What shall we say, then ? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase ? By no means ! We are those who have died to sin ; how can we live in it any longer ?”
7. Faith : Hebrews 11:6 “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
8. Being set apart from unbelievers : 2 Corinthians 6:14 “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common ? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness ?”