ASSEMBLIES OF GOD
FAMILY CHURCH, NYAMIRAMBO
General Service05:30PM - 07:30PMFriday
General Service08:00AM - 10:00AMSunday 10:30AM - 12:30PMSunday
Men Service05:30PM - 07:30PMTuesday
Youth Service05:30PM - 07:30PMWednesday
Women Service05:30PM - 07:30PMWednesday
Preaching on Sunday ; December 23, 2019, Ev. Charles Gahungu called upon the church to detest and fight against sin.
“Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone ; but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin ; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.” James 1:12-15
Basing on the scripture, Ev. Gahungu said that according to God there is no favoritism when it comes to sin.
Consequences of a sin :
1. Separation from God’s presence : Your fellowship with God drowns. Lack of peace : You’re always reminded of the sin you committed unless you wholeheartedly repent it.
2. Sin ruins one’s life : Either internally or both internally and externally.
3. Sin brings trouble to one’s family : If you commit a sin, it brings troubles to your family, friends, community and country. A single sin ruins a community or country’s reputation.
4. It is a source of other sins in one’s life. It welcomes with other sins :
5. sin brings death : Not only the body’s but also the eternal death.
Then what to do to overcome sin ?
1. Remind yourself that you are on a battle : Put on all the armor of God. Ephesians 6:10-18. Waste no time.
2. Fill yourself with the Spirit of God, He’ll guide you throughout the journey.
3. Fill yourself with The Word of God. Respond to Devil’s attacks with the Word of God. Read and study the Bible.
4. Find God’s will : Let God guide you daily.
5. Disassociate from sinners : There are types of sins you’ve got to escape only. Flee from them unreservedly.